Education & Awareness Grants
We believe that building awareness about violence and abuse can make a difference in the lives of families and our communities every day. The Education & Awareness (E&A) Grant Program provides small grants to community-based, nonprofit organizations for activities that will:
- Increase the knowledge and understanding of the target audience about violence and abuse;
- Actively involve the target audience by encouraging actions that will lead to a safe and violence free society; and
- Promote awareness, discussion and strategic application of the research results of RESOLVE and CARE projects.
E&A Grants are available for application any time throughout the year.
How do I apply?
Simply submit a Letter of Intent and include the following:
- A detailed outline of the request;
- A budget indicating where and how the grant will be spent; and
- Complete contact information of the person submitting the application.
Email your E&A Grant request to: email@example.com
Congratulations to the 2012-13 Education & Awareness and CARE Grants recipients. Past successful recipients include:
- Manitoba Theatre for Young People’s production of Bang Boy Bang in 2005 ($3,000)
- Manitoba Theatre for Young People’s production of Stones in 2007 ($3,500)
- Alberta Council of Women’s Shelter’s 1st World Conference of Women’s Shelters in 2008 ($5,000)
- Awo Taan Healing Lodge’s 8th World Indigenous Women & Wellness Conference in 2008 ($2,000)
Letters of intent are accepted throughout the year but we recommend that you discuss your project idea with us before you submit a request. Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to learn more about the criteria for this funding.